HAMDEN, CT – The “Distraction” podcast, produced by CRN International’s Collisions division, is kicking off ADHD Awareness Month with a star-studded lineup of October guests led by a prominent American journalist, a Millennial social media phenom and a top global finances entrepreneur, all opening up about their ADHD.
Guests of “Distraction,” a podcast on coping and connecting in our crazy-busy, 24/7 world (www.DistractionPodcast.com), will be interviewed by leading ADHD authority, New York Times bestselling author and show host Dr. Ned Hallowell. The podcast has received rave reviews from listeners and has been featured in iTunes’ New & Noteworthy and Self-Help categories.
The episodes will revolve around this year’s ADHD Awareness Month theme of “Knowing Is Better: ADHD Across the Life Span.”
Guests will include:
- Lisa Ling, an American journalist, television presenter, author and currently host of “This Is Life with Lisa Ling” on CNN, who will provide insights into her own ADHD and discuss people’s preconceived notions about the condition.
- Jessica McCabe, an actress, writer, and YouTube personality best known as the host for the YouTube channel “How To ADHD,” who will provide a Millennial’s perspective into ADHD.
- Top UBS executive and entrepreneur Ken Shapiro, who will talk about success and failure of those with ADHD traits and how to harness and direct your brain power for maximum productivity.
- The writing, speaking coaching team of Casey and Meygan Caston, whose “Marriage 365” helps millions of couples trying to figure out their marriages by communicating in a way that relates to key issues of the modern couple.
- Dr. Hallowell’s son Jack, a financial planner with ADHD, who addresses the difficulty people with ADHD have managing their money.
Additionally, a new segment created expressly for ADHD Awareness Month called “Q&ADHD” will run every week with Dr. Hallowell answering questions from show listeners.
The mission of ADHD Awareness Month is to educate the public about ADHD by disseminating reliable information based on the evidence of science and peer-reviewed research.
The “Distraction” podcast recently welcomed as a new sponsor Landmark College, an institution for students with ADHD, autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or a learning disability such as dyslexia.
Said Landmark’s Mark DiPietro, “Dr. Hallowell is so well-regarded in the field of ADD/ADHD studies that it’s a natural collaboration for Landmark College to sponsor this podcast. His goal of helping individuals develop their strengths aligns with Landmark College’s mission to empower students who learn differently by helping them build strategies and skills for academic success.”
Podcasts have been skyrocketing in popularity, generating loyal and dedicated audiences and attracting advertisers who recognize the value of such a captive audience. CRN’s Collisions network of shows has also been expanding. In addition to “Distraction,” Collisions has developed shows for a range of audiences including: “Just the Right Book Podcast” (www.bookpodcast.com), hosted by independent bookseller Roxanne Coady of RJ Julia Booksellers; “Stockton!” (www.stocktonpodcast.com) hosted by broadcasting legend Dick Stockton; “The Car and Driver Podcast,” with the editors of Car and Driver magazine; and “The Official Sasquatch! Festival Podcast,” providing coverage of the Live Nation music festival.
About CRN International
CRN International is a leading marketing company that has pioneered strategies and produced creative programming through radio and emerging audio media like podcasts to help brands separate from the clutter of traditional advertising. CRN has served such top clients as Johnson & Johnson, USAA, Hershey, Chrysler and Microsoft and typically employs a combination of content marketing, influencer marketing and promotions to solve marketing challenges. It is based in Hamden, CT.
For more info:
Jim Alkon, Marketing Director